Author Topic: Valley giants; is Tom Kasper ok?  (Read 21294 times)

rSin

• I’ve worn out 7 keyboards and still haven’t posted anything worth reading.
Re: Valley giants; is Tom Kasper ok?
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 12:28:22 am »
musta strayed into a fema camp, and
couldnt talk his way out...
"the LAST think you'll ever want IS my undivided attention"

no god no masters...

RussWalling (has/been/hxm/Scots-Anglx)

• Oppressive Overlord
  • Wait, there is a place called "outside" with trees and shit??
  • James Brown said it best: "This is a mxn's world"
    • Check us out on FuckFace!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 07:22:25 am »

fattrad

• Actual ACTIVE Climber
  • I’ve shown my ass on here over 9500 times
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2022, 11:46:16 am »
How did the latest complaint not get posted to this thread????

The Evil One
Jr. Asst. Vice Overlord

WelshClimber

• ST Weeper™™
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2022, 05:54:48 am »
Checking back in! It's been nearly 3 years and still no cams. Anybody heard from him?

"Hi Eben.

The last thing I want to see is what people are saying about me and Valley Giants on Mt. Project and the internet. I don't need any more discouragement or distress. I feel bad enough that I've been unable to get cams out to people for over a year. I have boxes of finished parts. I just have not been able to get into the shop and put the cams together.

I believe I will be able to get back into my shop and start sending Valley Giant cams to people beginning in April.

I looked up your order in my records, and you said you wanted to coordinate overseas delivery with XXXX, from Sweden. You also indicated you were coming to the U.S. The shipping arrangements for your and XXXXXX's cams were to be determined later. It is much more expensive to send cams to the EU and UK, compared to sending them within the U.S. There are also import fees that run about $40 per cam.

Are you still planning to come to the U.S.? I don't know that the current travel restrictions are. Italy and UK apparently have entered into a third phase of lock-down over a new variant of the virus.

Tom"

Was the last I heard from him back in March 2021.

I've since graduated college and got a decent paying job here in Wales so I'm not precious about the cash - it was always a gamble. There are still plenty of things I'd love to have a VG for but I'm not bitter in my heart about this. Hope he's alright, sounded like he got pretty badly affected by Covid.

RussWalling (has/been/hxm/Scots-Anglx)

• Oppressive Overlord
  • Wait, there is a place called "outside" with trees and shit??
  • James Brown said it best: "This is a mxn's world"
    • Check us out on FuckFace!
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2022, 07:13:12 am »
No updates except that Pete Zabrok said he was a hopeless drunk.  I guess you can add outright thief to that also.  Nobody as far as I know has received any cams or cash in ages. 

Lot’s of people are trying to ramp up the pressure on him, so maybe at some point at least everyone will get their money back.  Mountain Project might have some current info.