General Category > W I D E Talk

Valley giants; is Tom Kasper ok?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jaybro513:
I do hope he’s doing okay with the onslaught of BD wannabe big cams and all.

Make no mistake, The VG’s are the real thing! The industry standard, workhorse, tugboat of large cans. They even take falls!

Jaybro513:
I had the opportunity, necessity to weight one of the big red BD’s on a belay on a new route this spring and it just felt dicey all I oils see in my mind was that video of one failing under low load... caveat Emptor, widesters!

billcoe:

--- Quote from: RussWalling on August 24, 2020, 03:20:12 pm ---Tom makes FISH look hyper responsive.... for all anyone knows he seems dead for about 11 months out of the year.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha!  Well played sir.  Jaybro, didn't someone already have one of the new BD 7s (red) fail on them? They tested real low in the strength dept. The #12 was like 5KN. Which is @ toprope fall territory,  body weight ++.

Peter G:
Been waiting almost a year now for my VG 9 as well. Ordered early December 2019. As far as I know Tom has never screwed anyone over, the cams just take a while to show up. In the meantime I have a couple Shiney BD cams to play with.

And on that note, I had my brand new-never placed BD #8 fail on me. One of the rivets popped off where the trigger wire to cam lobe attachment takes place.

T Hock:
Yikes,
BD making those in China now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version