General Category > W I D E Talk

Valley giants; is Tom Kasper ok?

(1/5) > >>

WelshClimber:
Been waiting night and day for my Valley Giant that I spent my student loan on to arrive (Tom said he could get it done in time for a July Vedauwoo trip) since early January, and starting to get a little concerned...! The trip went up in flames for obvious international travel reasons, but I've heard not much from Tom one way or another, despite a couple of emails asking if things are all good with him.

Anybody know if the guy's doing ok? Although it would be nice to have the cam, it would be good to know he's not fallen victim to the virus, or maybe run off to become a recluse hermit-monk or something? I'm aware that typically it takes a long time to get these things made and he works his own schedule and all that, this is by no means a post knocking what he does! Just looking to know that I didn't spend that month living on pasta canned peas and quorn in vain.

billcoe:
I won't speak for the guy other than to say that your post is a common occurrence. Folks that order the cams just think he got run over by a car....like near everytime.  People get them later than they thought, so if you want to buy one, order early. Dude makes them as a small annoying side business more to support climbers than the reverse. I don't think anyone has NOT received their cam and at that point they are happy as there is nothing out there that can touch it.

How long have you been waiting so far?

RussWalling (has/been/hxm/Scots-Anglx):
Tom makes FISH look hyper responsive.... for all anyone knows he seems dead for about 11 months out of the year.

Jaybro513:
Seven months is awfully optimistic. The wait has been over a year, the last few....

WelshClimber:
Yeah, I figured, seem to remember a post saying something similar a few years ago on Supertopo way back! It's been about 8 months now, yeah! I guess he'll have assumed (correctly) that the Vedauwoo trip got canned as well, so no rush there.

I guess I'll just put my VG shaped daydreams away for the time being, and serve my time in line like everyone else!   8) It will definitely be worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version