Author Topic: Sun, Sun Sun, 'till her daddy takes the T-bird away  (Read 8222 times)

donaldperry

• Serial ShitPoster™™
  • Long Live WBraun!
Sun, Sun Sun, 'till her daddy takes the T-bird away
« on: April 04, 2020, 10:40:35 am »
I need to get out of the shady North East and into the sun before I wilt.  I was thinking of going to Owens River Gorge and self-belay top-rope from the top down climb some junk back up to the anchors, low risk stuff.  I also have someone who can belay.   Are there people climbing there or is the area closed off with danger tape?       

Can you climb there?  Is anyone climbing there today, yesterday?   

Now, I know some of you will say I should just stay put because I could be spreading something around.  There are a number of ideas about that all of which are good.  However if you already have had Covid 19 then that is no longer a problem, right?   

I am pro life when it comes to abortion.  Some of you are pro choice.    I think the same philosophy can be equally applied to Covid 19 when it comes to what by in large primarily effects people over 55 in poor health.   In other words if one can be a personal choice one way so can one have a personal choice for the other. 

China has opened their wet-markets up again, so I think we just need to all adapt, survival of the fittest is the new game, and the world is allowing China to make the rules.   All we can do is slow it down ... but if you go too slow you die.

Anyone know anything about the state of Owens River today?

overwatch

• My posts are my legacy. I guess I’m fucked
  • flushed with the fight, proudly hailing the dawn.
Re: Sun, Sun Sun, 'till her daddy takes the T-bird away
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 10:44:32 am »
Haven't "seen" you around in awhile. I think the Gorge is shut down. Sure sounds fun right about now.
survival is our life, we live from day to day
never know who you're gonna meet in a money making state

everybody lives here now, the dustbin of the world
an unwanted pool of labor with our promises of pearls

donaldperry

• Serial ShitPoster™™
  • Long Live WBraun!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 10:48:05 am »
Yea, I finally found something:

LADWP Announces Closure of Certain Recreational Areas in Support of “Safer at Home” Order
by News Staff on April 1, 2020 in Corona Virus, Gov, Inyo County, LADWP, Mono County, News Release, NGO, Press Release
BISHOP, CA (April 1, 2020) – In keeping with LADWP’s commitment to be good environmental stewards and promote the health and safety of the residents, visitors and employees in the Eastern Sierra, the following LADWP areas and/or locations are CLOSED to the public indefinitely in support of the Safer At Home Order: Owens River Gorge, including Control Gorge, Middle and Upper Gorge parking areas; and the parking areas at Happy and Sad Boulders.

LADWP will continue to monitor and assess the situation and announce further closures as necessary.

LADWP asks that everyone obey posted signs as trespassing is prohibited by law and encourages individuals to continue practicing social distancing and stay home to help slow the spread of COVID-19.

LADWP understands the public’s need to enjoy the benefits of nature during the COVID-19 pandemic. For people wishing to enjoy the outdoors, public health officials are advising people to walk, run, hike and bike in their local neighborhoods and maintain a social/physical distance of 6 feet or more.

We appreciate the public’s understanding and patience during these uncertain times. We will #PowerOnTogether.

RussWalling (has/been/hxm/Scots-Anglx)

• Oppressive Overlord
  • Wait, there is a place called "outside" with trees and shit??
  • James Brown said it best: "This is a mxn's world"
    • Check us out on FuckFace!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 03:31:31 pm »
Perry!!  I thought you died of DSB?  Good to see you are still kicking

Frostback

• Actual ACTIVE Climber
  • The first step is to admit I have a problem. I’m a serial shitposter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 06:30:35 am »
Hey Perry, bring your bike and pedal to the many obscure crags accessible ones they manner?
Do update us on your doings over on the birth it section.
Senile Small-Thinker
Special “Elite Level” Founder
“Butthurt Founders Nine”