General Category > Climbing SPRAY

Once Upon a Time in...Holyhead - A Dream of White Horses

<< < (5/5)

overwatch:

--- Quote from: RussWalling on April 02, 2020, 10:15:17 pm ---Hey baldy...  yeah wild world of sports was a weekly program of all kinds of sports.. also was American Sportsman (i think) and a couple of others including Thats Incredible that showed some rock climbing from time to time. Poor productions at best, but at the time it was all we had going.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, listening to Curt Gowdy doing commentary for a rock climb was what was surreal.

RussWalling (has/been/hxm/Scots-Anglx):

--- Quote from: overwatch on April 03, 2020, 09:18:49 am ---
--- Quote from: RussWalling on April 02, 2020, 10:15:17 pm ---Hey baldy...  yeah wild world of sports was a weekly program of all kinds of sports.. also was American Sportsman (i think) and a couple of others including Thats Incredible that showed some rock climbing from time to time. Poor productions at best, but at the time it was all we had going.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, listening to Curt Gowdy doing commentary for a rock climb was what was surreal.

--- End quote ---

Werner and Kauk on the Nose was a good one.... and the Arrow Tip with Moffatt and Kauk, with Largo and I think Bob Beatty doing the play by play....  Largo had some gems on there.... “smooth as your garage door” or “like trying to shimmy a kite string draped over a bowling ball”, and the classic “bereft of wrinkle notch...”. Ho man!  Funny shit

overwatch:
I remember that too. The man can turn a phrase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version